Fatima Bolyea specializes in commercial litigation and shareholder disputes. Ms. Bolyea began her legal career as a legal assistant at MH during law school and later joined MH as an associate after graduation from law school. Ms. Bolyea brings to the firm the full force of her keen analytical skills and legal abilities in her representation of clients in sophisticated business litigation. Her research of complex legal concepts have made MH a front-runner in propounding the best legal arguments for our clients. Ms. Bolyea’s talents were recognized from the very start of her admission at Wayne State University Law School where she served as the Voting Senior Articles Editor on the Board of Directors of the Wayne Law Review. She also received Order of the Coif. Her leadership at law school gained her the respect of her fellow students and law school professors as she served as an Outside Competitions Coach for the Moot Court program, and the Brief Editor of the Jessup International Moot Court team.
Ms. Bolyea also has a strong sense of purpose and a deep concern for those in our society who are less advantaged and marginalized in our community. Ms. Bolyea acted upon her resolve to help others by her participation and completion of internships at the Solution Oriented Domestic Violence Prevention Court and the Legal Advocacy for People with Cancer Clinic while in law school. Her efforts were appreciated and noted by those who worked with her. Ms. Bolyea insists “To ease another’s heartache is to forget one’s own,” which is integral to her continued efforts towards excellence in her personal and professional life.
J.D., Wayne State University Law School, 2015
Graduated magna cum laude
Graduated top 5% in her law school class
Silver Key Certificate for academic excellence, 2013
Gold Key Certificate for academic excellence, 2014
Voting Senior Articles Editor, Wayne Law Review
Outside Competitions Coach, Moot Court
Brief Editor, Jessup International Moot Court
Dean’s Scholarship Recipient
Order of the Coif
B.A., Wayne State University, 2012
Graduated summa cum laude
Phi Beta Kappa
Eastern District of Michigan
- "Physician Peer Review: 10 Steps to Navigating the Process," HCCA web conference, Co-Presenter, June 19, 2017.
- Fatima Bolyea appeared with Theresamarie Mantese on Practical Law discussing Peer Review Among Doctors, April 2017.
- Invited Speaker for the inaugural presentation, "Physician Regulatory and Legal Update", 23rd Annual Health Law Institute, March 9-10, 2017, Plymouth, MI, sponsored by ICLE and cosponsored by the Health Care Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan. Presented with Theresamarie Mantese.
- Michigan Business Courts and Oppression - A Review of How Michigan Business Courts Have Treated Oppression Issues Since Madugula v Taub, Michigan Bar Journal, January 2017
- Settled the Case for a Physician-Client? No So Fast!, Latches, January 2017